Friday, August 16, 2013

Repainted Table in Chalk Paint


 

This mahogany side table with drop leaves used to be next to my favorite wing chair that I did most of my reading.  Fast forward 3 years...new house...dog claims wing chair...many nights on blogs and Pinterest...and on to repainting the table for a new look.


Thank Goodness Buddy claimed this chair....would you look at this thing??  I do have to say that it was very comfortable for reading though...

This isn't going to be another tutorial on how to paint with Chalk Paint or how great Annie Sloan is...this is just a before and after of my table painted.



I have read so much on blogs and Pinterest about how wonderful Annie Sloan Chalk Paint is, so I decided I needed to try it.  My husband was in the area of an Annie Sloan dealer one day so I asked him to pick me up a quart of Paris Grey and some Clear Wax.  No big deal, right?  Well, he came home and told me this paint better come with the painter since he spent over $75 on the products!  I almost died!  WOW!! Is that expensive!?!  I wasn't about to drive back out there to return it so I just used it anyway.



I didn't do much prep work, only scuffed it with one of those green pads and then painted.  The paint went on nicely and dried so, so quick!  I was able to apply the clear wax within an hour.  I didn't use those expensive brushes either, I used a cloth and waxed on and waxed off.  Easy peasy... and then repeated the process.



I sprayed the brass hardware with Black Rustoleum paint.

 

 THEN... found this awesome, black rotary phone at a garage sale in Cape May last month and knew I had the perfect spot for it!  Nick is even going to hook it up for me so I can really use it!!  Yeah Nick!!  He can do anything!!




I do have to say that I am happy with the finish and the ease of this paint.  Since I have painted this, I have spoken to several people that told me I can make my own chalk paint.  I will be searching for some good "recipes", so leave a comment if you know of any good proven mixes.

~ Darlene

Follow on Bloglovin


Download Sewing Patterns Today!
 
This post may be linked at several of these sites:
 Flamingo Toes, I Heart Naptime, The DIY Showoff, My 1929 Charmer, The Tablescaper, The Chicken Chick, A Blossoming Life , Sewing Barefoot, The Dedicated House , Sumo's Sweet Stuff, Do Small Things with Love , Create With Joy, Sew Can Do, I Should Be Mopping the Floor, The Honeysuckle Bus Stop, Cottage Instincts, Thrifty Decor Chick , Keeping It Simple, Crafty Texas Girls, Mod Vintage Life, Uncommon Designs , Craft-O-Maniac, Home Stories A to Z, Creative Living Blog, Sylvia Stitches, The Chicken ChickI Gotta Try That, Skip to My Lou, The Self Sufficient Home Acre, Reinvented, My Crazy Beautiful Life, The Thrifty Home, Elizabeth and Company, If It's Not Baroque, Shades of Amber, My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia, The Winthrop Chronicles, Coastal Charm, Cozy Little House, A Stroll Thru Life, So I Married a Craft Blogger , A to Zebra Celebrations  , Jaqs Studio, Someday Crafts, Lil Lun, Ginger Snap Crafts, The 36th Avenue, Fluster Buster, Bear Rabbit Bear Crafts , Joyful Homemaking , Saving 4 Six, The Shabby Chic Cottage, Beyond The Picket Fence, The Virginia House, House of Hepworths, Apple of Mama's Eye, The Shabby Nest, A Few of My Favorite Things, Home Is Where My Story Begins, Fingerprints on the Fridge, Sew Many Ways, Life on Lakeshore Drive, Sunshine and Summer Breezes, Here's to Handy Andy , Sassy Little Lady, Smart! School House, Design Decor Tuesday, Sarah Dawn Designs, Raising ReaganSew Much Ado, Southern Lovely , Sugar and DotsFamily Home and LifeThe Life of Jennifer DawnMy World Made By HandMade in a Day , Housewife How-To's, Serendipity and SpiceHuckleberry Love

2 comments:

  1. For a second there I thought you were painting the chairs! LOL! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! No, just the table! It is a bit high for the lower chairs but it works and I really wanted to paint something...

      I have seen some posts where they paint fabric chairs but I just don't see that as a good thing...

      ~ Darlene

      Delete